The team behind Winterial has spent weeks exploring and trekking the backcountry of these places below. Our goal was to build a list of the top 5 best places to snowshoe this Winter! These places are great for both beginners, families and advanced snowshoers. If you make it out to one of these places, submit your adventure HERE! Now.... grab your snowshoes and get up to the mountains.
1. Lassen National Park - Northern California: Lassen offers stunning views, great snowshoeing and FREE entry on veterans day weekend! Enjoy!
2. Sun Valley, Idaho: Looking for an awesome weekend getaway? This is the place! Over 30 miles of groomed hiking and nordic skiing trails to explore. Learn more HERE!
3. Big Sky Resort, Montana: Known for its incredible ski resort, snowshoeing is often over looked in this area. Incredible beauty and peaks surround you as you trek through the sugary powder!
4. Mt. Hood, Oregon: Hands down the best snow you will find in Oregon. Whether you are snowshoeing or skiing at the resort, you will find this to be a winter wonderland. Capture views of Mt. Hood explore the extensive backcountry!
5. Mount Timpanogos, Utah: If you have not been here, you NEED to go. The mountainous terrain of the area surrounding this peak is dedicated to advanced snowshoers. It is a must see in both the Winter and Summer!